Thank you for showing an interest in our beautiful purpose built Childcare service here at Gregory Hills.
We offer a home like environment while having a modern feel. We promote natural based learning experiences within our programme that caters for individual children. Children are encouraged to discover, explore, investigate and imagine in an environment that has high quality resources where we honour children with the belief that they deserve the very best.
Our centre is open Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 6:00pm, and cater for 0 – 5 years of age. Our centre is located in Village Circuit, off Gregory Hills Drive. We offer nappies, nutritious meals – Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and a late snack. Our cook provides a nutritious seasonal menu freshly made daily.
Our childcare centre proudly offers a kindergarten/preschool program to ensure your child is supported for their transition to school every step of the way. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy, social skills and more your child will become school ready.
What is your name?
My name is Jenna Sidman.
How long have you been working in childcare?
I have been involved in early childhood education since 2005 and have gained lots of knowledge through this time as well as several qualifications including successfully completing my Masters of Teaching (Birth – 5 years).
What is your favourite part of working at the centre?
The educators are very passionate about the role in early childhood education and work collaboratively to provide engaging learning environments for the children. Great Beginnings Gregory Hills is a great community to be involved in! Its so fun building such positive relationships with children, families and the wider community!
What qualifications do you hold?
I hold my Masters of Teaching (Birth – 5 years), First Aid and Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management, along with a Diploma in Management and Leadership.
What are you most passionate about?
Providing children with the best start in life is my passion along with gaining more knowledge and learning new ideas along the way on how to become and even better educator so that I can continuously provide the children with high quality education and care.
What is your favourite inspirational quote?
“Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives” – Michelle Obama.
What is your philosophy about educating children?
I endeavour to create a setting in which all children will find comfort and security within their supervised learning environments where they are free to play, learn and develop. I feel it is my responsibility as a carer to provide an open ended environment for children where they are free to explore and discover their own identities while also supporting and encouraging self-confidence.
I believe all children have the right to be treated equally and with the highest respect regardless of race, language, ability or gender. I hold high the importance for creating experiences whereby children are able to build an awareness and respect for the natural environment around them. And lastly I promote an honest and open communication line with all families within the service, respecting their rights and opinions.
What message would you like to tell parents considering your centre?
I would for you to arrange a tour or even to pop in to our wonderful centre so that I can take you on a tour so you view our wonderful learning environments as well as meet our passionate team of educators.
Our focus is your child’s well-being, we work collaboratively to ensure we are meeting the individual needs of the children and their families. Family input is very importance to us and we encourage family participation in all aspects of our program and service.
From all of us here at Great Beginnings Gregory Hills, we look forward to meeting you!
Our centre provides care for the following age groups:
|0 – 2 years
||2 – 3 years
||3 – 4 years
||4 – 5 years (Preschool)
Our centre provides the following facilities:
- Individualised learning plans based off children’s interests and reflect the Early Years Learning Framework of Australia (EYLF)
- Qualified educators who are passionate about early childhood education and care
- School readiness program based off the EYLF
- KindyNow which helps parents and families make extra bookings with ease
- Kindyhub, daily reflections of what the children have been doing are loaded on to Kindyhub daily for parents and families to view
- A mix of both natural and man-made resources for the children to engage with
- We provide nappies, wipes and sunscreen
- Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea as well as a late afternoon snack on our 4 week rotational menu which has been approved by Health NSW to ensure the children dietary requirements are being met
- Halal certified
- Access to inclusion support agencies and family assistance
- Large natural outdoor play spaces
- A Quality Improvement Plan to support us in maintaining high quality care
- Sustainability Management Plan to limit our imprint on the environment
- Open door policy, families and friends are encouraged to come and spend as much time as they like at the centre
- Centre Events are included in the daily fee including dance workshops, reptile experiences, science experiences and more!
- Shake ‘n’ Move classes are available each week for the children to engage with
- Children also have the opportunity to get out in to the community by participating in excursions to places such as the local library, reptile parks, farms and more!
- Family and community days such as Mother’s morning tea, Christmas Party and Easter concerts and Preschool Graduation just to name a few
- Childcare rebate and childcare benefit authorised
- Fees are direct debited
- Family benefits such as the ability to obtain great prices through our suppliers!
- Cooking experiences each week
- Italian language classes under the ELLA program
- Mud pit for children to explore
- Children have access to various forms of technology (smartboards, cameras, iPad and more!!)
Reviews and Testimonials
See what some of our parents say about our centre:
“I would like to just say that the educators their have really made my son feel comfortable and welcome into the centre. In the morning when he wakes up, I say to him, lets go see Miss Zoey or Miss Steff/Steph, he has a big smile on his face and gets ready. Just a big thank you to the team”.
“We would like to Thank all the staff at Great Beginnings Gregory hills. everyone is friendly and welcoming which makes it easier as parents knowing our daughter is in a happy environment and enjoying her time there. We love the emails and pictures we receive daily from the centre and seeing our daughter learn and grow each day makes us happy and proud parents”
– Amanda and Ben
“My daughter looks forward to her preschool days and adores her teachers! I am always so impressed with the exciting activities the teachers organise and so appreciative of the way they are with all the children- so energetic and enthusiastic and loving! Thanks wonderful women!!!”
“I cannot recommend this centre enough. They are amazing with the my kids and have an inviting learning environment. The teachers are very friendly and look after my children as if they were their own. I feel safe and confident in leaving my kids there. If you are looking for somewhere where you and your kids will be loved i recommend Great Beginnings Gregory Hills.”
“We absolutely love this daycare centre. Our daughter has been attending this facility for almost 20 months and she is very happy and has made herself quite at home. The highly experienced staff are absolutely wonderful and super friendly. They care and love my daughter as if she were their own. The modern centre is always kept immaculately clean and their in-house chef/cook prepares the most delicious meals for the kids. Our daughter attends the centre 4 days a week and calls the place her “home”, which is heartwarming to know that she’s happy being there. highly recommend the centre. Thank you ladies.”
“Our child has been enrolled since the centre opened in May 2015. The staff are lovely young girls who are enthusiastic and kind. I feel confident leaving my child there in their extremely capable hands. The centre is well equipped with lots of varied resources and no two days are the same.”
We’d love to welcome you to one of our Great Beginnings Childcare centres. If you would like to register your interest in a place at Great Beginnings Gregory Hills, please fill out the form below. One of our educators will then be in touch to discuss your needs.
Please note: filling in this form does not guarantee a place. We recommend visiting a centre for a tour and meeting our friendly educators.