Where great beginnings start
We’re passionate about creating engaging learning experiences that enhance children’s development and foster a sense of belonging. Our centre is located near you and ideal for families in Mill Park, South Morang, Bundoora, Epping and surrounds.
Begin your child’s journey to a bright future at our purpose built day care centre featuring spacious outdoor playgrounds and the latest age-appropriate resources for children six weeks to six years.
Our highly experienced and nurturing educators are passionate about making meaningful connections with each child that walks through our doors. They’re skilled at dreaming up new play-based learning experiences within the centre and the wider community to support children’s development and create a sense of belonging.
Why you’ll love Great Beginnings Mill Park
- Our team of experienced educators are passionate about making meaningful connections with children aged six weeks to six years
- Our Kindergarten program guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and taught by an Early Childhood Teacher
- You’ll receive daily photos and updates through our app that will allow you to stay connected with your child
- We provide the latest early learning resources to help children explore their interests, including open-ended wooden toys, Interactive Whiteboards and Touch Learning Tables
- Spacious outdoor areas including slide, cubby house, sandpit, interactive gardens and more adventure-filled equipment
- Healthy, seasonal meals are made in-centre daily by a cook. We cater for all dietary needs
- Nappies, wipes, bedding and sunscreen are included in fees
- We offer flexible care with 9-hour, 10-hour or full day sessions to make the most of your Child Care Subsidy
- A sustainability program that teaches children how to care for the planet
- Extracurricular includes regular basketball court excursions, community visits, bush kinder and library visits
- Activities such as a music and movement program plus mini chef cooking classes
Book a tour to see everything our early learning centre has to offer. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Meet the Centre Manager – Rebecca Tornello
I’ve been working in early childhood since 2012, when I got my first job in an early childhood service. Since then I haven’t looked back!
I always knew that I wanted to work in a field that could support children. One day, while on placement, I had the opportunity to comfort a child that was new to an early childhood service and was extremely upset. I spent two weeks with him, helping him, comforting him and assisting with making him feel safe in an environment he wasn’t used to. By the end of the two weeks, the child was so comfortable that he would give his parents a kiss goodbye and run straight into the centre, ready to create relationships with peers and engage in different activities.
This is when I realised that early childhood was for me. I love the idea of helping children build great confidence in their early years and being a part of their growth. I really enjoy working with their highs and lows, being able to guide their learning and watch their capable minds achieve anything.
I currently hold a Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood and I’m currently studying my Bachelor of Early Childhood and Education to learn more about children’s learning and development.
With experience in children’s party entertainment, I am also great at creating magic tricks, doing face painting and making balloon animals!
My favourite quote is: “Why fit in, when you are born to stand out?” – Dr. Seuss
I look forward to welcoming your family to our centre and answering any questions you may have.
Rooms and facilities
Great Beginnings Mill Park provides early learning and care for children from nursery through to Kindergarten. Each room has been designed and set up to provide the best early learning experience for your little one.
Our Nursery rooms (0 – 2 years) provide:
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home
- Experienced and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading
Our Toddler rooms (2 – 3 years) offer:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play
- The development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts
Our Preschool (3 – 5 years) rooms provide:
- A school-readiness program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early learning experience
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development
- A transition-to-school program
Begin your child’s journey to a bright future today. Enquire now to see everything Great Beginnings Mill Park has to offer.