Brand-new child care in Taylors Lakes
Begin your child’s journey to a bright future at our brand-new early education centre. Conveniently located off the Calder Freeway and easily accessible for families in Taylors Lakes, Keilor Lodge and Keilor Downs, our centre features two spacious outdoor play environments inspired by nature.
Our comprehensive curriculum is based on the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) meaning we teach children through play, preparing them for school and beyond. Along with natural resources we have the latest technology to teach children the fundamentals of literacy, numeracy and problem-solving, including SMART Board and Touch Tables.
We understand that families don’t always have time for extracurricular activities, so we’ve organised them for you. Our Music, Sport and Bush Kinder programs help children build a strong foundation in learning and skill development.
Why you’ll love Great Beginnings Taylors Lakes
- Our highly qualified and nurturing educators provide first-rate child care and early learning for children six week to six years. Our team even includes bilingual educators.
- We offer an interest-based curriculum guided by the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and a kindergarten program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher to prepare your child socially and academically for school.
- Our brand-new facilities feature two large outdoor play spaces, water play, sandpits, veggie gardens and more.
- We provide specialised programs including Music, Sport and Bush Kinder to enhance your child’s development.
- Our Art studio and Library have pods where children are able to immerse themselves in their favourite books or read together as a group.
- STEM Space with custom built furniture for children to use their creativity to build, design, engineer and explore.
- We provide a range of modern early learning resources, including SMART Board and Touch Tables.
- Nutritious and culturally diverse meals and snacks are created daily by our in-house chef. We cater for all dietary requirements.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- You’ll receive daily photos and updates through our app that will allow you to stay connected with your child and keep track of their learning.
- Our sustainability program and vegetable gardens teach children a sense of responsibility and connection to the world around them.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
- We offer extended hours from 6.00am to 7.00pm.
Book a tour to see everything our early learning centre has to offer. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Meet the Centre Manager – Kelly Butler
I’ve been working in child care and early learning since 1999. I hold an Advanced Diploma of Children’s Services and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
I love working in early education because we’re encouraging and developing young minds in such a positive way. I really enjoy being a part of their learning and development process and getting to know their beautiful families as well.
Over the years, I’ve developed strong relationships with many families. I keep in touch with some of them even after their children have started school! I love to take time out of my day to ask them how they are and if there’s anything I can do for them. Positive role modelling is the best way to show our educators and children how to lead and interact with each other.
I look forward to welcoming your family to our centre and answering any questions you have.
Rooms and facilities
Great Beginnings Taylors Lakes provides early education and care for children from nursery age through to kindergarten. Each room has been designed and set up to provide the best early learning experience for your little one.
Our Nursery rooms provide:
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading
Our Toddler rooms offer:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play
- The development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts
Our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten rooms provide:
- A school-readiness program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early education experience
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development
- A transition-to-school program
Begin your child’s journey to a bright future today. Book a tour to see everything Great Beginnings Taylors Lakes has to offer.