See where great beginnings start at Great Beginnings Hornsby
Our early learning and long day care centre offers child care in Hornsby in a modern setting that is perfect for families living or commuting through Hornsby or nearby suburbs Waitara, Asquith and North Wahroonga.
With our all-inclusive childcare and early learning experience, you won’t have to worry about anything. From nappies and multicultural meals prepared daily by our in-house cook to specialised programs such as music and Physio Play movement classes, everything is included in the daily fee.
See where great beginnings start at Great Beginnings Hornsby. Book a tour today to see everything our centre has to offer.
Why you’ll love Great Beginnings Hornsby
|Healthy Meals||Preschool Program|
|Nappies and Wipes||Learning Technology|
|Courtesy Bus||Parent Communication App|
- Qualified and nurturing educators who provide high-quality child care and early education for children from birth to six years. Our team includes bilingual educators.
- Our large undercover play areas feature cubby houses and large sandpits.
- Nutritious and culturally diverse meals and snacks created daily by our in-house cook. We cater for all dietary requirements. See a sample menu of our carefully crafted meals.
- Fees are inclusive of nappies, wipes, bed linen and meals.
- A Preschool program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher. The curriculum will assist to prepare your child socially and emotionally for their transition to primary school.
- You’ll receive regular photos and updates on your child’s learning experience through our app.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
- We organise educational children’s shows, special guests, excursions and a weekly community playgroup to extend on the children’s learning. View our sample Excursion Schedule here.
- Our specialised programs include music and Physio Play movement classes to enhance your child’s development.
- Our sustainability program teaches children a sense of responsibility and connection to the world around them.
Call our Family Support Specialist team today on 1800 517 086 or book a tour at your convenience to meet our team and find out more about us.
Getting to Great Beginnings Hornsby
Meet the Centre Manager – Melissa Smart
I’ve been working in child care and early education since 2010. I hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and a Diploma of Children’s Services.
I’ve always had a passion for early childhood education. I strive to provide a supportive learning environment that caters to the needs, abilities and interests of all children. I believe each child is unique and capable, and I want to encourage children’s independence by giving them time and space to work through any challenging situations.
I’m a strong believer in community involvement, so the children at our centre are actively involved in the local community. Parents are encouraged to participate in the program and work closely with our team to help each child reach their full potential.
Book a tour today to experience the Great Beginnings difference. We are looking forward to sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Rooms and facilities
Great Beginnings Hornsby provides early education and child care for children in Hornsby from nursery through to preschool age. Each room has been planned and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Nursery 1 room (0 – 12 months)
Nursery 2 room (1 – 2 years)
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s well-being and growth
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading
- A no-shoes policy to allow for sensory exploration in a clean and hygienic environment
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Toddlers room (15 months – 2.5 years)
Early Learners room (2 – 3 years)
- The development of self-help skills to encourage independence
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play
- The development of language skills through reading, music and social activities
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts
Preschool room (3 – 4 years)
- An environment that builds a healthy physical and mental well-being
- Boundless opportunities for outdoor teaching and play
- Bachelor-qualified educators who nurture social skills and emotional development
- Safe opportunities for risky play and extracurricular activities
School-Readiness room (4 – 5 years)
- A preschool program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early education experience
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for others
- Active sport and Vietnamese language programs
See where great beginnings start at Great Beginnings Hornsby.
Book a tour today to see everything our centre has to offer.