Welcome to Great Beginnings Hornsby!
Great Beginnings Hornsby will provide quality early education and care for children 6 weeks to school age. We believe in providing children with time to develop a love for learning, a journey to celebrate and protect.
Included in our fees are nutritious meals which will be freshly prepared by our on-site cook who will create a fresh multicultural menu for the children. We cater for special dietary requirements.
At Great Beginnings, we nurture your child’s sense of self-discovery and potential, which assists in providing them with the building blocks for great beginnings and bright futures. Give your child the best start to learning for life.
- High quality learning environments with the latest natural and technology-based resources
- Innovative play-based learning programs led by qualified and caring teachers
- All-inclusive fee with extracurricular activities, daily meals and enrolment pack.
- Preschool and transition to school program including focus on STEM for children 3 – 5yrs
- Stimulating covered outdoor play space designed to inspire relationships, imagination and healthy bodies
- Get the most out of your child care subsidy with flexible hours
- Weekly community playgroup for children 6 weeks – 3 years
For enrolment enquiries of more information call us on 1300 947 336.
Hello, my name is Mel and I am the Centre Manager for Great Beginnings Hornsby. In addition to eight years’ experience working in Early Childhood, I hold a Certificate 3 and Diploma in Children’s Services. I was an Educational Leader and 2IC of my previous centre and bring across all the knowledge and passion I have grown over the years in these roles.
I am excited about making the move to Great Beginnings Hornsby. In the past I have been blessed with working alongside inspirational Early Childhood educators within G8 Education and I am looking forward to building on my knowledge and skills as we form the foundation of this amazing new purpose-built centre. I have always had a passion for early childhood education and this started from a very young age having fantastic support and role models within my family in the teaching and education sector.
At Great Beginnings, our aim is to provide an enriched learning environment that caters to the needs, abilities and interests of all children. I believe children are unique and capable and want to encourage children’s independence by allowing them time and space to work out any challenging situations. This in turn prepares them for life’s many challenges and allows them to learn valuable life skills. I want all children who are enrolled to feel valued, respected and their voice to be heard. I hold high the importance for creating experiences whereby children are able to build an awareness and respect for the natural environment around them.
The educators at Great Beginnings will actively support children’s education through open-ended learning environments. We encourage children to lead their own play, with educators implementing intentional teaching strategies to support the achievement of developmental outcomes and learning new skills.
I am a strong believer in community involvement, and at Great Beginnings Hornsby the children will be actively involved in the local community. Parents will be encouraged to participate within the program and we will work together in collaboration to be a collective support for each individual child, so they can reach their full potential.
I look forward for meeting all who come to visit Great Beginnings Hornsby and to working cooperatively with you to provide an exciting, stimulating and educational environment for your children to grow and develop.
Our centre provides care for the following age groups:
|0 – 24 months
||0 – 24 months
||0 – 24 months
|2 – 3 years
||3 – 4 years
||4 – 5 years
Facilities & Offering
- Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea
- Other meals – late snack/fruit
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- In-house Cook
- Sustainability program
- On-site parking
- Pin code Secure entry
- Fully air-conditioned
- Preschool and School readiness program
- Excursions and In-centre activities
- SMART Interactive Whiteboard
- Large play environments inspired by nature
- Kindyhub – a parent communication app that connects families with their children’s progression, development and daily learning
We’d love to welcome you to one of our Great Beginnings Early Education centres. If you would like to register your interest in a place at Great Beginnings Hornsby, please fill out the form below. We will then be in touch to discuss your needs.
Please note: filling in this form does not guarantee a place.