Where great beginnings start
We’re passionate about creating engaging learning experiences that enhance children’s development and foster a sense of belonging. Our centre is located near you and ideal for families in Bathurst, Kelso, Laffing Waters, Abercombrie, Llanarth and Windradyne.
Begin your child’s journey to a bright future at our purpose built day care centre featuring spacious outdoor playgrounds and the latest age-appropriate resources for children six weeks to six years.
Our highly experienced and nurturing educators are passionate about making meaningful connections with each child that walks through our doors. They’re skilled at dreaming up new play-based learning experiences within the centre and the wider community to support children’s development and create a sense of belonging.
Why you’ll love Great Beginnings Bathurst
- Our caring and experienced educators provide superior child care and early learning for children aged six weeks to six years.
- We offer an interest-based curriculum guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and a preschool program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher to prepare your child for school.
- Our brand-new centre features large outdoor spaces with a dry creek bed, a cubby house, a tepee and more adventure-filled equipment to help children build confidence and physical ability.
- We have a dedicated art and music room where children can relax and express their creativity.
- We provide the latest early learning resources to help children explore their interests, including open-ended wooden toys, Interactive Whiteboards and Touch Learning Tables.
- Nutritious and culturally diverse meals and snacks are created daily by our in-house chef. We cater for all dietary requirements
- You’ll receive daily photos and updates through our app that will allow you to stay connected with your child and keep track of their learning.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
Book a tour to see everything our early learning centre has to offer. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Meet our Centre Manager – Erin Judge
I’ve been working with beautiful families in child care and early learning since 1998, and have spent the last ten years as a Centre Manager.
I am passionate about creating a sector-leading environment for families and children, as early childhood is a time of vast brain development and growth. I love having the opportunity to grow and develop a strong team of educators that understand the importance of this time in a child’s life.
I grew up in Bathurst and have raised four children in this community as a mum and educator. I love the sense of belonging that comes from 20 years in the early childhood sector and seeing Bathurst grow and develop into a thriving town. Our centre will be a responsive and reflective service that values the knowledge of our families, our place in the Wiradjuiri Country, our children and our future.
I am a whizz with an allen key and assembling flat-pack furniture. I love getting new resources for the centre and putting them together, then standing back to see the joy they bring to others. I’m also pretty good with cake hacks!
My favourite quote is: “Having respect for the world is when you allow people to be what they are.” Magda Gerber.
I look forward to welcoming your family to our centre and answering any questions you have.
Rooms and facilities
Great Beginnings Bathurst provides early education and care for children from nursery age through to preschool. Each room has been designed and set up to provide the best early learning experience for your little one.
Our Nursery rooms (0 – 2 years) provide:
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading
Our Toddler rooms (2 – 3 years) offer:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play
- The development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts
Our Preschool (3 – 5 years) rooms provide:
- A school-readiness program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early education experience
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development
- A transition-to-school program
Begin your child’s journey to a bright future today. Enquire now to see everything Great Beginnings Bathurst has to offer.