Welcome to Great Beginnings Applecross. We are a boutique service based in the heart of Applecross catering for early education and care from 18months through to school age.
We aim for our families to feel as though our centre is extension of their home. We have respectful nurturing environment both indoors and outdoors for children aged 18 months to 6 years of age and can care for up to 26 children per day, ensuring individualised care and attention for all our children. One on one learning with our educator’s is a daily embedded practice for all our children, which is a unique privilege of our boutique centre.
Our centre is open from 7am – 6pm 5 days a week, we also open our doors once per quarter in the evening for 2 hours for our ‘Date Night’ service. A free evening of care for your child to free up well deserved you time for a date night dinner, catch up with friends, or a shop at the local Garden City Shopping Centre.
In our foyer we have a pin code locked door which ensures our centre is always secure, we pride ourselves in providing a safe environment for all our children and place the safety of our children, their families and our educators as a priority each and every day.
All our Educators here at Great Beginnings Applecross are long standing and form a united passion for nurturing each child’s love for learning.
Some of our unique features and benefits include:
- Date Night care for families (free evening care once per quarter)
- Happy Feet Fitness (music and movement program) every Wednesday at 10am
- French language classes every second Monday hosted at 2pm
- Long standing passionate educators, including a Qualified Chef
- Our Kindy Room Teacher, Miss Ingrid, holds her Graduate Diploma of Early Education and offers a Kindergarten Program with a focus on School Readiness
- Play based learning with a program fostered on children’s interests to enhance engagement
- Café International, our separate dining room where we have embedded progressive meal times for our children
- Art Studio, our separate art studio where we host art classes, group activities, one on one learning and textured experiences
- Large outdoor yard, featuring nature play and a vegetable garden
- Natural Indoor play spaces
- A community spirit where endeavour to get to know you and your child so we can better care and cater for their individual needs
- Positive and fulfilling relationships with our children and their families
- Personalised care for you child, catering for their individual needs to enhance learning opportunities
We would love for you to become a part of our family, if you would like to book a tour of our centre please feel free to contact us at any time during our opening hours.
Kelly Van Meekeren
Hello, my name is Kelly Van Meekeren and I am the Centre Director here at Great Beginnings Applecross. I have worked in the early education industry for 5 years, and hold both my Certificate 3 and Diploma in Early Childhood Education. During my time in the industry I have continued to gain experience, working my way from a trainee assistant educator to now being able to manage my own service. I am extremely passionate in my work and love coming to our centre every day, seeing all our children grow and learn in their own unique way.
Being a small centre we are a home away from home where children are cared for and nurtured with compassion and respect. I value the importance of nurturing a team that works towards a common goal of achieving exceeding high quality care and fulfilling experiences for children. We have a dedicated team of qualified educators who go above and beyond to ensure all our children grow and learn in a safe environment where they feel secure and supported.
I believe children are individuals in their learning and development, each and every one with their own unique personality and way of doing things. I believe as educators it is our role to build a positive relationship with each and every child so that we can discover who they are and how they learn best. Through the Early Years Learning Framework we provide a fulfilling learning environment for all our children and their families, where children have the opportunity to Be, Belong and Become in our community.
Our centre provides care for the following age groups:
| 18 months – 3 years
||3 years – 5 years
Our service provides the following facilities:
- Breakfast (upon request)
- A nutritious and multicultural inspired daily menu of Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea prepared fresh daily by our qualified centre Chef
- Dinner (upon request)
- Meal options for Halal, vegetarians, or any other dietary or religious requirements
- All wipes, bedding and linen included
- Happy Feet Fitness classes held each Wednesday at 10am
- French Language Classes held every second Monday at 2pm
- Date nights (free evening care once per quarter)
- Fully air-conditioned rooms
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Long standing dedicated and qualified Educators
- Monthly visits to our local Nursing Home
- Regular excursions into the community
- Kindyhub – a parent communication app that connects families with their children’s progression, development and daily learning as well as daily photos straight to your mobile!
- Xplor – an app related to your child’s bookings within our centre, use the app to sign in your child conveniently from your mobile phone
- Casual bookings via Xplor – another great feature of the Xplor app is being able to book an extra casual day straight from the app which will display any casual vacancies
Reviews and Testimonials
“Since Grace has attended Great Beginnings her creativity, speech and energy has been wonderful to watch unfold…the changes to improve the centre and gorgeous staff make it so much easier for the drop off’s as I’m confident that her needs are met… I like the privacy in terms of the design of the building so that children are safe and not exposed to busy traffic and passers by…great location and a lovely environment.”
“The staff are amazing and take a genuine interest in the children. Kathryn and her team are very accommodating and always very helpful. Cara has come in leaps and bounds since starting at the centre and I am extremely grateful that I can happily leave her for the day knowing she is happy and well cared for.”
“My little boy has attended Great Beginnings Applecross for 2 years. The carers are brilliant and I love that the Centre is small & it has a great sense of community”
“My daughter Charli has been enrolled at Great Beginnings since January this year and she has excelled in so many ways, especially in her independence, speech and social behavior, I couldn’t fault the staff at the center their fantastic, and the center is constantly improving with new toys and equipment, it’s a lovely safe small center that provides quality care and a very caring environment.”
We’d love to welcome you to one of our Great Beginnings centres. If you would like to register your interest in a place at Great Beginnings Applecross, please fill out the form below. One of our educators will then be in touch to discuss your needs.
Please note: filling in this form does not guarantee a place. We recommend visiting a centre for a tour and meeting our friendly educators.