A deliciously healthy treat for breakfast, these apple pancakes are sure to be a favourite.
1 tsp margarine
1 ¼ cups milk
1 cup self-raising flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and grated
½ tsp olive oil
3 ripe bananas, sliced
½ tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat egg, margarine and milk.
- In separate bowl, mix flour and sugar and gradually stir into wet mixture until smooth.
- Fold in grated apple.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of mixture, flip when bubbles appear in centre of the hotcake and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with banana or other fruits.
- Top with honey or maple syrup.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.