An easy, delicious Mexican mince packed with plenty of vegetables.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ brown onion, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
500g lean beef mince
1.5 tsp cumin powder
3 tsp smoked paprika
1 carrot, grated
1 green capsicum, finely chopped
1x 400g tin of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1x 400g tin crushed or diced tomatoes
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
100ml salt reduced beef stock
- Heat oil in a large frypan on a medium heat.
- Fry onion and garlic for five minutes until softened.
- Add mince and stir until meat cooks through.
- Then add cumin, smoked paprika, carrot, capsicum and kidney beans.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and stock.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the liquid is reduced.
- Serve with salad vegetables, basmati rice or tortillas if desired.
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30