These sun catchers are a great idea to get your little one’s hands crafting, excellent for fine motor skill development! This can be used as indoor activity, as there is no glue and best of all, no mess! They make a lovely gift idea and can be made into any shape that your little one enjoys; we made a love heart for Valentine’s Day!
- Clear contact paper
- Tissue paper
- Open the contact paper and draw the desired shape on the backing paper – we used a love heart for Valentine’s Day
- Cut (or rip) the tissue paper and cellophane in any shapes and sizes you like
- Peel the backing paper off your contact shape and lay the sticky side facing up on a flat surface
- Start placing the tissue paper and cellophane shapes, you can overlap the colours for a cool effect
- After you have created your masterpiece, cut out a second piece of contact paper larger than the first, peel off the backing paper and lay the sticky side over the top, sealing in the tissue paper and cellophane
- Place it on the window and view your awesome work!